Types of housing: What do you prefer a house or an apartment?
If you’ve already decided to invest in real estate, congratulations! You are about to start the most incredible stage of your life. Now, it is important that you know that there are different types of housing, and choosing the one that best suits your needs is key. What is better for you, a house or an apartment? We tell you the pros and cons of both to help you choose.
If you decide to buy a house:
- Space: It is not a rule, but in general, houses offer a larger space than apartments, either because they have a garden or several floors. You will also have the possibility to expand if you wish.
- Independence: If you’re not a fan of having neighbours, definitely go looking for houses for sale at La Haus; In addition, except for the rules that the subdivision may have if you end up living in one, you will decide 100% what to do with your property.
- Pets: Living in a house will give you the luxury of having as many pets as you want, while in an apartment they may have certain limitations. If you are a lover of large dogs, sometimes having them in a small space, or not having a garden, can be complicated.
- Security: You can find your next home in the quietest and safest neighbourhood in the city, but it will be your responsibility to keep it safe when you go on vacation or if you want to hire an additional private security service.
- Maintenance on your own: Owning a home also means that you take care of the maintenance or repairs on your own. Have the garden pruned, fix any detail, damage to the dividing wall with the neighbour or others. Price: Houses are often more expensive than an apartment. That is why most people start as homeowners with an apartment and then migrate to a house. It all depends on what you are looking for, and what your possibilities are!
If you decide to buy an apartment, we have an article that you cannot miss about all the advantages of living in an apartment, including:
- Security: If you are one of those who want to be able to go on a trip without prior notice, close your house and have the peace of mind that it will be taken care of, living in an apartment will fascinate you.
- Amenities: It depends a lot on the properties you choose, but the common areas are an excellent option depending on your lifestyle. Additionally, you will not have to worry about maintaining them.
- Neighbours: If you are not a fan of sharing your space, living in an apartment is probably not your best option. You will have to follow the rules of the building, be considerate about noise and so on, and keep that in mind!
- Pets: There are some departments that do not allow animals of certain sizes for the safety and comfort of all. Do you have a big dog? We recommend you check before to see that it fits exactly what you are looking for.