5 curiosities about the Eiffel Tower that you did not know
If there is an iconic construction in the entire world, this is the Eiffel Tower. The majestic Parisian architecture finds in it an indisputable protagonist. This symbol of the city, which steals the breath of everyone who walks around it, has a string of secrets that are worth discovering. Today we reveal them to you.
We reveal the secrets you need to discover about the Eiffel Tower
Who has never dreamed of visiting the Eiffel Tower and dreaming of all the stories that have been told under it? It is a fairytale place, an instant in which to be moved. So tell us, how many of these curiosities do you know?
- For thirty years it was the tallest building in the world. It exceeds 300 meters in height and in the 18th century and part of the 19th century it was a difficult amount to surpass. The record was broken by the Chrysler Building in the United States. Of course, in Paris, it continues to maintain its hegemony.
- Did you know that it was never planned to last forever? The goal is for it to stand for 20 years and then it would be demolished. However, the construction managed to conquer the hearts of the Parisians and the popular will was to maintain it.
- In fact, it was built in 1889 for the Universal Exhibition in which the centenary of the French Revolution was commemorated. Therefore, it was almost replaced by a giant guillotine.
- It took two years, two months and five days to build. A real sprint if we take the dates into account. The reason for its success was the precision and expansion of a material like iron.
- The Eiffel Tower changes color every five years. It is painted with tons to prevent corrosion of your paint.
Would you like to meet her? Now you are surely looking at the construction with different eyes. Dare to discover it.